Stained glass, funky chairs, paintings and sculpture will be just some of the featured art at Woodland’s First Friday Art Walk on Nov. 2.
Many of the locations host receptions with refreshments including local food tastings. Most of the exhibitions will be available for viewing throughout November. The Historic Woodland Downtown Business Association and YoloArts organize each month’s First Friday Art Walk in downtown Woodland.
The work of plein air painter June Hebb will be on display at Sweet Potato Pie, 528 Main St. Hebb describes herself as a “plein air painter of Yolo County farmlands and coastal regions.” Watercolors, acrylics and oil paintings will be exhibited.
At The Burger Saloon, the acrylic paintings and mixed media work of Woodland artist Jane Thompson will on exhibit. In her artist statement, Thompson says, “I have been painting and playing bass most of my life. My art and music inspire each other; people are my favorite subject matter.”
The Rose Colored Glass Company will host local artist David Hayes, who will exhibit his watercolors, sculptures and “funky” chairs. The Corner Drug Store will feature the stained glass mobiles of 93-year-old Reid Anderson, who is also a Purple Heart veteran.
Tech Knuckle Computer Sales and Service, 445 Elm St., will host “Altered Art.” This exhibition features the work of local artists creating new art from the common and uncommon objects.
Gallery 625 will be closed for the Art Walk as it will host the fifth annual Art Farm Harvest Gala, the YoloArts fundraiser for the Art and Ag Project. Tickets to the fundraiser may be purchased at yoloarts.org/box-office.
For more information about the First Friday Art Walk, call YoloArts at 530-406-4844 or visit yoloarts.org/programs-and-services/1st-friday-art-walk and view the First Friday Art Walk interactive map.
First Friday art receptions, viewings or extended shop hours in downtown Woodland are planned at:
* Bargains 2 Benefit, 607 Main St., 530-668-1599;
* The Burger Saloon, 601 Main St. 530-668-2747;
* The Corner Drug Store, 602 Main St. 530-662-2813;
* The Cup and Saucer, 610 Main St., 530-402-1991;
* Dixie’s Paws and Claws, 615 Main St., 916-380-9367;
* Gallery 625/YoloArts, 625 Court St., special event Art Farm Harvest Gala, 530-406-4844;
* The Gifted Penguin, 716-A Main St., 530-668-8215;
* Mojo’s Lounge and Kitchen428 Restaurant, 428 First St., 530-661-0428;
* Oak Tree Antiques, 535 Main St. 530-681-1983;
* Red Oaks Gallery, 725 Main St.#217 (second floor of the Odd Fellows building);
* Rose Colored Glass Company 720A Main St. 530-666-0154; and
* Tech-Knuckle Computer Sales and Service, 445 Elm St. 530-666-5900.