The Sacramento Chamber Music Society has announced its 2012-13 season, which includes five performances in Davis — all on Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. at Congregation Bet Haverim, 1715 Anderson Road.
Guest artists this year include two longtime Davis residents — soprano Rebecca Plack, who teaches at the San Francisco Conservatory, and cellist Julie Hochman. Other guest artists include Douglas Rioth, principal harp with the San Francisco Symphony; pianist Yoshikazu Nagai, who teaches at the San Francisco Conservatory; pianist Gwendolyn Mok, who coordinates keyboard studies at San Jose State; and flutist Sally Turk.
The now-traditional Baroque program in December will be an all-Bach program this year.
The artistic director of the series is violinist William Barbini, a longtime El Macero resident. Other regular members of the group include violinist Kineko Okumura, also of El Macero; violist Paul Ehrlich of the San Francisco Ballet Orchestra; cellist Victoria Ehrlich of the San Francisco Opera Orchestra; clarinetist Patricia Shands of University of the Pacific; and flutist Mathew Krejci of University of the Pacific.
The concert dates are:
* Saturday, Sept. 22: Guest artist Rebecca Plack, soprano. Mozart, String Quartet in D Minor; Dvorak, “American” String Quartet; Schoenberg, String Quartet No. 2. The concert repeats Sunday, Sept. 23, at 7:30 p.m. at the Sacramento State music building in Sacramento.
* Saturday, Oct. 27: Guest artist Dmitriy Cogan, piano. Mozart, Flute Quartet in D Major; Mendelssohn, Piano Trio; Fauré, Piano Quartet. The concert repeats Sunday, Oct. 28, at 7:30 p.m. at the Sacramento State music building.
* Saturday, Dec. 8: Guest artists Sally Turk, flute, plus Chamber Music Society regular Mathew Krejci, flute. Bach, Brandenburg Concerto No. 3; Bach, Brandenburg Concerto No. 4; Bach, Brandenburg Concerto No. 5; Bach, Trio Sonata from “The Musical Offering.” The concert repeats Sunday, Dec. 9, at 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 1430 J St. in Sacramento.
* Saturday, Feb. 9: Guest artist Yoshikazu Nagai, piano. Bach, Sonata for Violin in G Minor; Beethoven, Sonata for Violin, “Kreutzer”; Suk and Prokofiev, Music for Violin and Piano; Brahms, Sonata for Violin in D Minor. The concert repeats Sunday, Feb. 10, at 7:30 p.m. at the Sacramento State music building.
* Sunday, March 24: This concert is at 7:30 p.m. at the Sacramento State music building; there is no Davis performance for this program. Guest artist Gwendolyn Mok, piano. Lutyens, String Quartet No. 2; Schubert, “Trout” Quintet; piano works to be announced by Haydn, Brahms.
* Saturday, April 20: Guest artist Douglas Rioth, harp. Debussy, “Syrinx” for Solo Flute; Richard Rodney Bennett, Sonata after “Syrinx”; Debussy, Sonata for Flute, Viola and Harp; Brahms, Piano Quartet in G Minor. The concert repeats Sunday, April 21, at 7:30 p.m. at the Sacramento State music building.
* Saturday, May 18: Guest artist Julie Hochman, cello. Haydn, String Quartet, “Sunrise”; Beethoven, (string quartet to be annouced); Schubert, (string quintet to be announced). The concert repeats Sunday, May 19, at 7:30 p.m. at the Sacramento State music building.
Individual concert tickets are $28 general, $22 for senior citizens (60 and older) and $12 for children and students with ID. Mini-series tickets (any three regular performances) are $78 general, $60 seniors. The full season (seven interchangeable tickets) is $168 general, $132 seniors.
Details are available online at www.cmssacto.org, by phone at (916) 443-2908, by email at [email protected], or by mail at The Chamber Music Society of Sacramento, P.O. Box 162508, Sacramento, CA 95816.