Kick off the holiday season with your favorite seasonal tunes at Thursday Live!, one in a continuing series of free concerts on the first Thursday of each month at the Davis Odd Fellows Hall, 415 Second St. All shows are free and open to all ages.
Thursday’s show starts at 7:30 p.m. and features eight groups, each of which will sing a few holiday songs styled in their own special way.
* Frankie & the Fabletones, singing doo-wop tunes;
* David Campos and friends, warming up the crowd with Mexican and Latin melodies;
* Biscuits ‘n Honey, a trio who sing a blend of bluegrass and folk holiday songs;
* Calvin Handy and The Jazz Patrol, who will have the audience swaying to the standards;
* The Davis Klezmer Orchestra, bringing the rich music of Eastern Europe;
* Yolo Mambo, sharing their favorite songs of the season;
* Tree-O’s pure folk harmonies, good at any time of year; and
* Me & Him, an acoustic guitar duo who put a new twist on the old tunes.
“There will also be a very special guest you won’t want to miss!” the organizers say in a news release.
This show will be in the Odd Fellows’ newly remodeled upper hall. Donations will be collected for a local charity.
Those who would like to be notified of upcoming shows may contact Juelie Roggli at (530) 219-5444 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The concerts are supported by the Odd Fellows’ Music Concert Committee, KDRT and Watermelon Music.