The California State Fair has announced its summer concert series, which runs in conjunction with the fair at Cal Expo in Sacramento. The concerts are free with State Fair admission, but reserved seats will be sold for an additional fee. Tickets are available online beginning Friday at http://www.tickets.com.
All shows will begin at 8 p.m. on the Golden1 Stage at the fairgrounds unless otherwise noted.
The 2011 preliminary lineup includes:
* The Fab Four, a tribute to the Beatles: Thursday, July 14, $10;
* Blue Oyster Cult: Friday, July 15, $10;
* Air Supply: Monday, July 18, $12;
* Neon Trees: Tuesdaly, July 19, $16
* Lee Greenwood: Wednesday, July 20, $10;
* Aja Vu, the music of Steely Dan: Friday, July 22, free;
* War: Saturday, July 23, $10;
* Choo Choo Soul, featuring Genevieve: Tuesday, July 26, at 1 and 4 p.m., $3;
* Moonwalker, featuring Michael Firestone (“A Reflection of Michael Jackson”): Wednesday, July 27, $10;
* Three Dog Night: Thursday, July 28, $10; and
* Starship, starring Mickey Thomas: Sunday, July 31, $10.
Advance online tickets to the fair are available now at http://www.bigfun.org. A Poppy Pak, which includes four general admission tickets, four Monorail tickets or four carnival ride tickets plus parking, is $39.95.
Regular fair admission is $10 general, $8 for seniors, $6 for youths ages 5-12 and free for kids 4 and under. A season pass, which includes State Fair admission, unlimited Monorail rides and admission to Raging Waters (valid July 14-31 only), is $29.99.