The Dec. 5 Thursday Live! show will kick off the holiday season with festive songs and treats. The show is free but donations are accepted with gratitude. All donations from this special show will go to the Davis Odd Fellows Encampment, who raise money throughout the year to send children to summer camp.
Thursday Live! is a continuing series of concerts at 7:30 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month at the Davis Odd Fellows Hall, 415 Second St. All shows are free and open to all ages.
Each of the eight groups and individuals performing will play a few holiday or seasonal themed songs styled in their own way. And Santa Claus will join the fun, ready to greet kids who attend the show.
* Wealth of Nations — David Hafter, guitars and vocals; Chris Stabenfeldt, sax and vocals; Dave Walters, bass and vocals; Eric Stitt, drums and percussion; and Mark Morse, drums and percussion — specializes in original tunes and favorite covers with three-part harmonies.
* Cold Shot has been performing on the local music scene for years. Richard Urbino (bass, support instruments, vocals) and René Martucci (guitar, accordion, vocals) include iconic covers and catchy original tunes in an energetic show. Cold Shot will perform two holiday songs and one original number.
* Eve West Bessier, Davis’ poet laureate, will share some jazzy Christmas classics and original poetry.
* Elvis and the E-Men feature Dave Cowden on drums, Ron Cowden on upright bass and Tom Moore performing as Elvis.
* Biscuits and Honey is Dianna Craig on guitar, Ron Cowden on upright bass and Kurt Roggli on guitar. This trio sings a blend of bluegrass and folk holiday songs.
* Calvin Handy and The Jazz Patrol will have the audience swaying to some holiday standards.
* Me & Him, the instrumental acoustic guitar duo of Martin Lewis and Kurt Roggli, will put a new twist on the old tunes.
* David Campos and friends play traditional and contemporary Latin American tunes with a holiday theme.
For more information, contact Juelie Roggli at 530-219-5444 or email@example.com.
This series of concerts is supported by the Davis Odd Fellows Music and Concert Committee and KDRT, Davis’ low-power FM radio station.