Monday is the deadline for nominations for the city of Davis’ sixth annual Business and Economic Development Awards. The Davis Business and Economic Development Commission will honor individuals, organizations and local businesses operating in Davis for extraordinary contributions to its industry and the community.
Up to two awards will be presented in the following categories: individual, business or organization contributions to business and economic development; and extended excellence in local economic development. Candidates will be judged based on their innovations and achievements in their respective field or industry as well as their dedication to the community.
Suggestions for award nominations are due by 5 p.m. Monday.
The Business and Economic Development Awards were established to honor and highlight outstanding local businesses, organizations, or individuals who have made significant contributions to the city’s business and economic development climate.
Past winners include:
* 2011: Blue Oak Energy was recognized for business contributions to local economic development, and Carbahal & Co. was recognized for extended excellence in local economic development;
* 2010: Doug Arnold and David Taormino of Coldwell Banker-Doug Arnold Real Estate Inc., individuals; Nugget Markets, extended excellence;
* 2009: Reed Youmans, individual; the Davis Farmers Market, business; Hibbert Lumber, extended excellence;
* 2008: Janis Lott, individual; Schilling Robotics, business; Chuck Roe, extended excellence;
* 2007: Pam Marrone received the first Business and Economic Development Award.
Award nomination forms are available online at www.cityofdavis.org, at the Community Development and Sustainability Department at City Hall, 23 Russell Blvd., or by phone at 530-747-5882. For more information, contact Sarah Worley at [email protected].