Davis-based Marrone Bio Innovations, which produces effective, natural pest management products for agriculture and water resource management, is celebrating its five-year anniversary.
Since incorporating in June 2006, MBI “has experienced rapid growth as it delivers on its mission to fill unmet pest management needs in agriculture and water resource management,” a news release said. Over the past five years, the company has developed a diverse and growing customer base around the world and achieved other key milestones including:
* Launched and achieved grower adoption of two biopesticides, including flagship biofungicide Regalia;
* Developed and successfully applied Zequanox, the only natural, highly selective product for controlling invasive zebra and quagga mussels;
* Submitted four new products to the U.S. EPA for registration;
* Inked international distribution agreements with industry leaders;
* Developed a deep pipeline of novel active ingredients; and
* Won numerous awards for its product innovation and dedication to advancing agricultural practices, including the CA Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award, CAL-DPR’s IPM Innovators Award, Investors’ Circle Top 20, Agrow’s Best New Biopesticide, and NRDC’s Growing Green Business Leader Award.
“MBI’s biopesticide products are playing a major role in the changing face of today’s agriculture,” said Pam Marrone, CEO and founder of MBI, and a recognized leader in biopesticide innovation. “With an expanding world population, increasing regulatory pressure, environmental concerns and chemical residue limitations, there is growing demand for MBI’s effective, sustainable and safe plant protection products.
“Our unparalleled experience in developing natural products, coupled with our research objective to fill unmet needs in the water space, will lead to important, new products that address the ever-increasing challenges affecting the world’s fresh water supply as well.”
MBI recently announced the closing of a $25.4 million private round of financing that included both existing and new investors “who recognize the impressive track record and product pipeline developed in only five years’ time,” the news release said.
“The company is solidly positioned for rapid revenue growth and portfolio expansion,” added Richard Rominger, MBI’s board chairman and a founding investor. “We have a great deal to celebrate at our five-year anniversary, and even more to look forward to in the coming years.”
For more information, visit MarroneBioInnovations.com.