Sudwerk Brewing Co. will release rare and specialty beers at several upcoming events in the Sacramento and San Francisco Bay areas, now through March 9. Many of the events coincide with San Francisco Beer Week, starting Feb. 7, and Sacramento Beer Week, starting Feb. 22.
Craft beer enthusiasts will enjoy West Coast styles of craft lagers and specialty beers from Sudwerk, including:
* West Coast lagers: 3 Best Friends, a smooth, dark lager brewed with chocolate malts, locally roasted coffee and vanilla beans; Cascaderade India Pale Lager, a fresh, hoppy lager twist on a West Coast India Pale Ale, featuring Cascade, Simcoe and Amarillo hops; and California Dry Hop Lager, Sudwerk’s aromatic, refreshing flagship beer.
* Beers from its Brewers Cut series of small-batch specialty and barrel-aged beers: Flanders, California Wild Fruit Saison, Funke Saison and Jacked Oats.
* Sudwerk’s signature authentic German beers, like its Märzen Amber Lager, Northern Pilsner, Maibock Spring Lager and Hefeweizen Bavarian Wheat.
San Francisco Beer Week is Feb. 7-16. Events in that city include:
* Feb. 7: at the week’s opening gala, Sudwerk will release Diggly Flanders Red, a 100 percent barrel-fermented sour with a sultry red hue. It’s brewed with conditioned landrace hops to allow the wild yeast and bacteria to shine. The event is at Concourse Exhibition Center, 620 Seventh St., from 6 to 10 p.m.
* Feb. 9: Elixir will tap a cask of 3 Best Friends and Sudwerk will release its California Wild Saison Péche. Secondary fermented in a petite sirah French oak barrel, this golden-hued saison was aged on 12 pounds of local peaches with souring microbes, resulting in a tart, fruity sensation. The event is from 4 to 8 p.m. at 3200 16th St.
Check Sudwerk’s Facebook page for other San Francisco events planned at Bitter Bock & Rye, 1117 Polk St.; Blur, 1121 Polk St.; Vinyl Coffee & Wine Bar, 359 Divisadero St; McTeague’s Saloon, 1237 Polk St.; and John Allan’s 152 Geary St.
For Sacramento Beer Week, Feb. 22-March 9, Sudwerk will pour rare and specialty beers at its events in Sacramento and Davis. Watch for details on the following events:
* A beer dinner with Charlie Bamforth, the Anheuser-Busch endowed professor of brewing science at UC Davis, pairing craft lagers with food.
* Cask lager tasting and Mai Bock release at Sudwerk’s taproom, The Dock Store, 2001 Second St., Davis, during regular taproom hours.
* Local Bands/Local Brews event at LowBrau, 1050 20th St., Sacramento, featuring 3 Best Friends and other craft lagers.
For details on these and other Sudwerk Brewing Co. events, visit https://www.facebook.com/sudwerkbrew.
Building on nearly 25 years of family legacy and brewing tradition, Sudwerk Brewing Co. specializes in artisanal session beers, especially West Coast craft lagers. Its taproom, The Dock Store, at 2001 Second St. in Davis, is open from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays, and 4 to 8 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays. It offers a rotating menu of experimental and innovative beers, “honest pints” and growler fills, fresh White Labs brewers’ yeast, and good conversation.