Physician organizations connected to Sutter Health have received awards as statewide leaders in clinical quality from the Integrated Healthcare Association.
Out of nearly 200 physician organizations, the 47 top performers achieved the highest overall quality in 2011 based on the IHA statewide Pay for Performance program measures. In addition to celebrating the top performers, IHA honored the physician organizations that demonstrated the most quality improvement from 2010 to 2011.
IHA awards honored five Sutter-affiliated and/or aligned physician organizations:
* Sutter Medical Group, top performer, serving Yolo, Solano, Sacramento, El Dorado, Placer and Nevada counties, affiliated with the Sutter Medical Foundation;
* Sutter Gould Medical Foundation, top performer, serving San Joaquin, Stanislaus and Merced counties;
* Central Valley Medical Group, most improved, serving San Joaquin, Stanislaus and Merced counties;
* Palo Alto Medical Foundation, top performer, serving Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Mateo and Alameda counties; and
* Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation, top performer, serving Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
“Every patient deserves high-value medical care — a combination of excellent clinical quality, exceptional service and lower overall costs,” said Jeff Burnich, M.D., senior vice president and executive officer for the Sutter Medical Network. “IHA’s awards recognize the many steps we’ve taken over the past several years to enable the highest levels of quality, access and affordability for our patients.”
For more information about Sutter Health, visit www.sutterhealth.org.