A “Top Chef” competition, wine and beer tasting and raffle drawing are all are part of the festivities during the annual Heart of the Home Tour set for Saturday.
The tour, featuring six Yolo County homes, runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with proceeds from ticket sales benefiting the Elderly Nutrition/Meals On Wheels Program in Yolo County. Tour participants may purchase raffle tickets and enter for a chance to win their favorite prizes, including a Big Green Egg. Items will be displayed at each home and participants may enter as many drawing tickets in the prize boxes as they would like.
The Heart of the Home “Top Chef” competition between the restaurant or chef at each of the homes will have cooks competing in the “taste and presentation” categories. Competing are Maria’s Cantina of Woodland, Preserve Public House of Winters, Osteria Fasulo of Davis, Yeti Restaurant of Davis and Ludy’s Main St. BBQ & Catering of Woodland.
Wineries and breweries also will be on hand in each home for tasting. They include Berryessa Gap, Route 3 Winery, Simas Family Winery, Berryessa Brewery, Matchbook Wines and Black Dragon Brewery.
Featured homes include:
* A new straw bale house in rural Woodland;
* A historic farmhouse near Winters;
* An architect’s home with artistic vision in Davis;
* A beautiful kitchen remodel, to accommodate a young family, in Woodland. (This home is featured in the fall issue of the national Signature Kitchens and Baths magazine.)
* A quaint home with contemporary flair in downtown Davis; and
* A remodeled home with a Mediterranean feel in Davis. (This home is featured in the October issue of Sacramento Magazine.)
Tickets are $25 each and may be purchased at The Avid Reader, 617 Second St. in Davis; at The Gifted Penguin, Terry’s Hallmark and The Home Improvements Group in Woodland; at the Cloth Carousel in Winters; and at the Carvalho Family Winery at the Old Sugar Mill in Clarksburg.
Tickets also may be purchased by calling the Elderly Nutrition Program at 530-662-7035, ext. 207, or visiting www.elderlynutrition.org.