* The Sacramento-Davis chapter of Amigos de las Americas will host an informational meeting from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Stephens Branch Library, 315 E. 14th St. in Davis. Families are invited to come and learn more about the program, which sends high school students on service-oriented trips to Latin America during the summer. For more information, email [email protected]
* Davis High School hosts a University of California workshop for seniors interested in applying to a UC campus and their parents. The event begins at 7 p.m. in the Brunelle Performance Hall, 315 W. 14th St.
* Davis Parent Nursery School holds its annual children’s rummage sale from 8 a.m. to noon at 426 W. 8th St. Grab great deals on everything for the young child, baby and new mom. All gently used items are donated by DPNS families and the community and all proceeds directly benefit DPNS. Anyone wishing to donate items may drop them off on Friday, Oct. 5, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the 8th Street site. Donation receipts will be available.
* The Sacramento-Davis chapter of Amigos de las Americas will host an informational meeting from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Shriners Hospital, 2425 Stockton Blvd., in Sacramento. Families are invited to learn more about the program, which sends high school students on service-oriented trips to Latin America during the summer. For more information, email [email protected]
* The Davis High School Snowboard team is having at car wash fundraiser from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the school district parking lot on the corner of F and B streets. The car wash will be $10 per vehicle, and funds raised will support the snowboard team.
* Please join Davis High School’s Advanced Treble Choir for an exciting evening of musical entertainment at Davis’ own “Community Idol.” The competition for local talented vocalists (including a prominent City Council member) begins at 7 p.m. in the Richard Brunelle Performance Hall at DHS, 315 W. 14th St. Contestants will have the opportunity to showcase their talent and wow the audience while competing before a professional judging panel for prizes. The evening also will include ATC’s school year debut and a special performance by the local band and sensation, Brother Jimmie and the New Deal (featuring DJUSD Superintendent Winfred Roberson and Davis High teacher Chris Hill).
Tickets are available at Watermelon Music (207 E St.) for $6.00 or from an ATC member prior to the competition. Tickets also will be available at the Brunelle Hall box office for $8.00 the evening of the event. All proceeds from the event will benefit ATC’s music enrichment program.