* Pioneer’s PTA announces its new fall fundraiser, the “Dog Dash” jog-a-thon. Olympians Scott Weltz and Cathy Carr West will help Pioneer Elementary with morning stretches from 8:15 to 8:45 a.m. at Pioneer, 5215 Hamel St., Davis. Olympian Kim Conley will cheer on the kids from 1 to 2 p.m. as they run/walk their laps. Students of any ability level can participate. Sponsors can pledge a per-lap amount or set amount. Funds from the Dog Dash help fund assemblies, playground equipment, BRAVO music, school social events and Walker Creek outdoor education and more.
* Children ages 5 to 12 are invited to the city’s annual Gymnastics Monster Mash from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Civic Center Gym, 23 Russell Blvd. Dinner is provided and participants will enjoy a spooky obstacle course, games, crafts and Halloween treats. The cost is $26 and space is limited. Sign up by calling the Community Services Department at 530-757-5626, online at www.cityofdavis.org or in person at 600 A St., Suite C.
* Come enjoy international food and games at Marguerite Montgomery Elementary School’s cultural food fundraiser from 4 to 7 p.m. in the school’s multipurpose room, 1441 Danbury St. Proceeds benefit the Montgomery PTA.
* Today is the deadline to enter the city of Davis’ 2012 Teen Photo Contest, “Through the Lens of a Teen.” Submissions are due to the Community Services Office, 600 A St., by 5 p.m. The contest is open to all Davis teens in grades 7-12. Download the 2012 photo contest entry form and rules at http://www.davisteenscene.org/documents/pdfs/Photo-Contest-Entry-Form.pdf. A reception and gallery show featuring all entries will be at the Stephens Branch Library on Wednesday, Nov. 28, from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 3
* Children ages 3 to 7 are invited to bring their dolls to a special dance and tea party hosted by the city. Participants will explore basic jazz, tap and ballet, dance with their dolls and finish up with a tea party. The event takes place at the Civic Center Gym from 10 to 11:30 a.m. The cost is $18. Register by phone 530-757-5626, online at www.cityofdavis.org or in person at 600 A St., Suite C.