* Davis Little League registration opens on Thursday for the spring season. Little League is open to boys and girls ageS 4-14 (based on player’s age as of April 30, 2013). DLL has levels from Tee-ball to Juniors and serves nearly 1000 Davis players each season. Register at http://davislittleleague.org/index.php: Costs are $100 for Tee-ball; $155 for Farm ball, AA, AA, and Majors; and $250 for Juniors. Late fees apply on and after January 1, so register now.
* The deadline for entries in the “Through the Lens of a Teen” photo contest, hosted by the City of Davis community services department, has been extended. Photos need to be submitted by 5 p.m. to the Community Services Office, 600 A St., Suite C. Visit http://www.davisteenscene.org or call 530-757-5626 for more information and entry forms. E-mail Christine Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions or concerns.
* Children ages 3 to 7 are invited to bring their dolls to a special dance and tea party hosted by the city. Participants will explore basic jazz, tap and ballet, dance with their dolls and finish up with a tea party. The event takes place at the Civic Center Gym from 10 to 11:30 a.m. The cost is $18. Register by phone 530-757-5626, online at www.cityofdavis.org or in person at 600 A St., Suite C.
* Join Girl Scout Troop 1765 at the Davis Food Co-op, 620 G St., from 1 to 4 p.m. as they make a Tree of Hope to donate to the Albie Carson Breast Cancer Foundation. Girl Scouts and other community members participating in the free, drop-in workshop will make jewelry and wearable art to hang on the tree, which will be displayed at Outdoor Davis, 623 Second St., during November.
* Enjoy an afternoon of wine tasting, food and music at Uncork for Music, an event sponsored by Davis High School’s Advanced Treble Choir. The event will be at the Pence Gallery, 212 D St., from 3 to 5 p.m. Live music will be provided by DHS’ ATC, and there will be a silent auction benefitting the choir’s music enrichment program and their upcoming tour to Boston and Canada. Guests can view the Pence Gallery’s exhibit of Malaquias Montoya: Women That I Have Encountered. Tickets are available in advance for $20 from ATC members or at Watermelon Music, 207 E St. prior to the event. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $25. For more information about Uncork for Music, please contact Lisa at email@example.com.