* The Devil Day Car Show returns Wednesday, hosted by the Davis High School Car Club. Cool cars and trucks will be on display all day in the quad with judging at lunch and a people’s choice award to vote on. Prizes for the winners include a car show T-shirt, free oil change or car care gift basket. To enter, fill out an application in the main office or the auto shop room, O-3. Applications are due May 15.
Saturday, June 1
* Athletes in grades 7-12 are encouraged to complete their sports physicals for the 2013-2014 school year at a sports physical clinic at Sutter Davis Family Practice from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. A donation of $20 benefits Davis High athletics. Packets are available online at http://www.davisseniorhigh.net and http://www.djusd.net. For more info, contact DHS Athletics at 530-757-5400, extension 125.
Thursday, June 6
* The city of Davis presents the annual Sixth-Grade Graduation Party from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at the Veterans’ Memorial Center, 203 E. 14th St. Tickets are $10 and may be purchased at the Community Services Department, 600 A St., Suite C, beginning May 21. Activities include foosball, board games, video games and more. Information will be sent home from area schools, including a medical release form that parents must fill out and sign in order for students to enter the party. For more information, call 530-757-5626 or visit http://www.cityofdavis.org.
June 17-Aug. 9
* The Vault opens for business on Monday, June 17, providing a summer hangout for students in grades 7-12 weekdays until Aug. 9. Sponsored by the city of Davis, the Vault is housed at King High School, 635 B St., and is open on a drop-in basis Mondays through Thursdays from 3:30 to 8 p.m. and Fridays 3:30 to 9 p.m. The Vault is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and July 4. The cost is $1 per day or $25 for the whole summer. To learn more, call 530-757-5626 or visit http://www.davisteenscene.org.
* Youth ages 11 to 15 can receive babysitter training and CPR/First Aid certification during a two-day class in the Community Pool Building. The class is offered by the city of Davis Community Services Department from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. both days. The cost is $150. Additional trainings will be July 13-14 and Aug. 10-11. For more information and to register, call 530-757-5626 or visit http://www.cityofdavis.org.