* The city’s annual Teen Job Skills Workshop takes place from 3:30 to 6 p.m. at the Veterans’ Memorial Theater, 203 E. 14th St. Learn how to apply, interview and get a job with the city of Davis Community Services Department or another employer. For more information, call 530-757-5626.
* Learn how to deal with head lice and prevent future breakouts at a parent information program sponsored by Davis Parent University and the Patwin Elementary School PTA. Rebecca Fowler, an experienced health care worker from Napa Lice Patrol, will discuss prevention and treatment techniques. The event takes place from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Patwin Elementary multipurpose room, 2222 Shasta Drive. The event is free and open to the public. Contact Shelley Dowling, Patwin parent education representative, at [email protected] for more information.
* Parents are invited to take a tour of the Davis Waldorf School, 3100 Sycamore Lane, at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday. The tour, which will last about 90 minutes, will feature an overview of Waldorf programs, methodology and curriculum. Visitors will take a peek at several classrooms and observe sample lessons from preschool through eighth grade. Specific questions will be answered and refreshments will be served. RSVP with your name and the date of tour you would like to attend and the name, current grade and date of birth for all children you are considering enrolling to 530-753-1651 or [email protected]
* The Davis School Arts Foundation reminds K-6 educators that the Elementary Art Show at the Davis Art Center is coming up. Art by Davis elementary school students will be displayed for the entire month of March and will be featured in the Second Friday Art About on March 14. On Sunday, March 16, the Young at Art Festival takes place at the Davis Art Center from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The deadline for art submissions is Friday, Feb. 28. For more information, email [email protected]
* Applications for Sutter Davis Hospital Auxiliary scholarships for the 2014-15 academic year are now available. Residents of Yolo County and Dixon who intend to pursue a human health-related career may apply. High school seniors, college students, Sutter Davis Hospital campus employees and change of career/re-entry applicants are eligible for consideration. Application materials are available at the high school scholarship offices and at the hospital information desk, 2000 Sutter Place. The deadline for submitting the application — including a personal essay, official transcript of academic work and letters of reference — is March 31. Recipients will be notified by mail in April. For more information, leave a message for the scholarship committee at 530-759-7485.
* Tickets for the 2014 Davis Grad Night Celebration are still available for purchase online through the Davis Grad Night website at http://groups.dcn.org/davisgradnight/tickets. Scholarship tickets are also available through school counselors. Grad Night gives graduates of all four Davis high schools — Davis, Da Vinci, King and the Davis School for Independent Study — a fun, safe and sober way to celebrate completion of their high school education. For the past 28 years, Davis graduates have been enjoying this event, which includes music, dancing, casino games, outdoor activities, shows and a huge raffle, with plenty of food and refreshments. Nearly 90 percent of graduates attend each year. Tickets are $90, which covers the cost of all activities, food and drinks for the entire evening.
* Also, dig out that kindergarten picture of your senior to be sure they are included in the awesome “Kinder Wall” at Grad Night — send your pictures (copies are OK) with graduate’s names on the back, to: Sandy Langley at 2026 Klee Place, Davis 95618. Please provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like the photo returned.