* All sixth-graders are invited to the city of Davis’s annual Sixth-Grade Graduation Party from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at the Veterans’ Memorial Center, 203 E. 14th St. Tickets are $10 and may be purchased at the Community Services Department, 600 A St., Suite C. This event sells out every year. The evening includes dancing, foosball, video games and much more. For more information, call 530-757-5626.
* The Grad Night venue at Emerson Jr. High School, 2121 Calaveras Ave., Davis, will be open to the public from 4-7 p.m. on Friday. Come see the amazing transformation of Emerson, and see the secret theme revealed for the first time. All ages are welcome.
* The Tween Library Group invites teens and tweens to a free “Hunger Games” event. Come play a tag-like game based on “The Hunger Games” books, then have pizza and watch “The Hunger Games” movie. This event is free and takes place from 6 to 9:30 p.m. at the Stephens Branch Library, 315 E. 14th St., in the Blanchard Room. Space is limited to 30 participants so please call 530- 757-5593, or stop by the library to make a reservation. Bring a pillow and wear comfortable clothes for running around.
Monday, June 16 – June 20
* UC Davis baseball summer camps for ages 6-12 still have spots available. Campers will receive more than 20 hours of quality instruction in all aspects of the game from UCD players and coaches, a chance to play on Dobbins Fields, and a camp T-shirt. Players will be grouped by age and ability level. Space is limited to the first 90 campers who sign up for ages 6-12. The cost is $200 per week or $175 for additional weeks or siblings. Other sessions are July 14-18 and July 28-Aug. 1 — all campus run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information or to register please visit our website at: https://ucdavissportscamps.com/baseball, or contact camp director Jimmy Meuel at email@example.com, 650-387-3635.
* Davis High School’s Blue Devil basketball camp will run June 16-19 in the gym, 315 W. 14th St. Camp for fourth- and fifth-graders is 8 a.m. to noon; camp for sixth- through eighth-graders is noon to 4 p.m. The camp is designed to have young basketball players learn the fundamentals of the game through drills as well as team and individual competitions. Future Blue Devil basketball players will learn what is necessary for competitive basketball at the next level, while getting to know the program and staff. The registration fee is $100. Go to www.dhsbluedevils.com to download a camp flier.
Monday, June 23
* The city of Davis’s summer teen drop-in program, The Vault, opens for business at 3:30 p.m. and runs through Friday, Aug. 15. The program, at King High School, 635 B St., will be open Monday through Thursday from 3:30 to 8 p.m. and Fridays from 3:30 to 9 p.m. Youths in grades 7-12 are invited to come hang out with friends, play video games, board games, air hockey, foosball and outdoor activities. Throughout the summer, there also will be sports tournaments, cooking projects, crafts and water games. The cost is $2 per day or $30 for an all-summer pass. For more information, call 530-757-5626.
* Teens, are you looking for somewhere fun to kick it this summer? Come hang with Teen Camp, the coolest camp for teens entering grades 7-10. Spend this summer exploring Davis, making new friends, playing awesome games and going out of town once a week on our field trips. To top it all off, admission to the Vault is included for that week. All of this is available to for $133 a week or $45 for just the field trip. Camp runs June 23-Aug. 15, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Contact the city of Davis at 530-757-5626.