The members of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6949 in Davis would to thank the community of Davis for another successful Memorial Day tribute. Special thanks to keynote speaker Don Saylor, the Davis Brass Ensemble, the Davis Children’s Choir and the Davis High Madrigals for the music and song.
Thank you to:
* Carol Kessler for a beautiful rendition of the national anthem;
* To Boy Scouts Troops 66, 111, 139 and 466; Packs 111, 132 and 199; and several families and friends of Post 6949 for placing a flag at the grave of each of the more than 500 veterans buried at the Davis Cemetery;
* To Ernie and Marie Head for the laying of the ceremonial wreath;
* To the Davis Firefighters Local 3494 for the after-ceremony barbecue;
* To our hosts, the Davis Cemetery board of trustees and staff;
* To The Davis Enterprise for recognizing the event before and after; and
* To KCRA Channel 3 and Leticia Ordaz for the news coverage of the event.
A final thank you to the more than 450 members of the community who attended the event and those who donated to the VFW’s annual Buddy Poppy Program. It’s a fitting tribute to those who paid the ultimate price serving our great country in time of war.
VFW Post 6949 commander, Davis