A big Davis thank-you to all the people who braved the rainy and windy weather to celebrate at the Holiday Tree-Lighting and Children’s Parade this past Thursday. This event could not happen without the many contributions from individuals and organizations, and we wish to thank each of you:
* Davis High School Cheer Team, for decorating the E Street Plaza, the tree and assisting throughout the event;
* Davis Food Co-op, for once again sponsoring the Children’s Parade;
* John Brinley Properties, for the horse-drawn carriage and Santa’s indoor visiting area;
* Leroy Dean and Christi Skibbins, for their direct connections to Santa and Mrs. Claus;
* Unitrans, Cal Aggie Marching Band-uh, UC Davis Athletics/Aggie Pack, Save Mart and Davis Police Officers Association, for making the parade memorable;
* A Grand Affair, for making Santa’s and Mrs. Claus’ area shine and providing the popcorn machine;
* Tom Cross, Randy Nelson, Jim Belenis, Jerry Lee, various city staff and Davis Ace, for assistance prior to and during the event;
* No Bones About It Jazz Ensemble, the DHS Jazz Choir, Danny Tomasello and the Odd Fellows, for their entertainment;
* The Varsity Theatre, for free showings of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”;
* Watermelon Music, for providing the main stage sound system; and
* The Davis Enterprise, for its extensive outreach.
This event is a true community effort and it is one of the reasons Davis is a special place. We hope it also encourages people to patronize our many wonderful downtown businesses, this holiday season and throughout the year.
Bob Bowen, Kelly Stachowicz and Sarah Worley
City of Davis