The following is a copy of a letter to the Davis City Council:
I live two blocks from the proposed Cannery development site and am against it in the present form for several reasons:
* Limited access in and out (I have three streets to leave and return to my house located on one of the shortest streets in Davis);
* Not friendly to people who bike or have children (schools, access);
* Removal of mature trees is a detriment to existing wildlife habitat;
* Increased traffic on Covell Boulevard; and
* Limited housing possibilities for low-income folks
Please consider these factors very carefully.