How often do we hear from one of our neighbors that they didn’t know about some issue or they sure wish people in local government would listen to people who have expertise or just plain good sense and insights?
Yolo County is asking for your help. We currently have some exciting opportunities for citizens from a variety of backgrounds to serve on advisory committees. These committees provide an opportunity to have an active voice in helping shape county policy. There are openings on the following committees:
* Emergency Medical Care: Responsible for an annual review of a wide array of emergency services within Yolo County (variety of categories available).
* Parks, Recreation & Wildlife: Studies and reviews plans and programs for long-term development of a county park Master Plan. Works on the development of a regional park system (must reside within District 2).
* North Davis Meadows County Service Area: Review and make recommendations on budgets, fees, assessments and quality of service regarding all county governmental functions that affect the County Service Area (must be a resident of North Davis Meadows).
* Aviation Advisory: Reviews and makes policy suggestions on the development programs for the Yolo County Airport and its surroundings. Updates and reviews the Airport Specific Plan (must be a licensed pilot).
* Child Care Development and Planning: Recommends local priorities for the allocation of child care funds administered by the California Department of Education (must be a representative for either a public agency or community).
* Children’s Alliance of Yolo County: Assess and coordinate the community’s efforts to strengthen families; coordinate the community’s efforts to prevent and respond to child abuse and neglect; coordinate, maximize and fill gaps in the existing continuum of prevention and intervention services and resources for children and their families.
You can find more information about these committees and the appointment process on the Yolo County website, www.yolocounty.org.
If you are interested, I encourage you to apply for one of these open appointments. Please feel free to call my office at 530-757-5556 if you have questions.
Chairman, Yolo County Board of Supervisors