The 44th annual Madrigal Dinner, held at the University Covenant Church on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, was, once again, a resounding success. The sellout event could not happen without the tremendous support of the Davis community. The Davis High School Madrigal Singers would like to thank:
* University Covenant Church, and especially Dotty Dixon, for their generosity, cooperation and use of their facility;
* Cracchiolo’s Catering and Debbie Cracchiolo, of Woodland, for their delicious fare, from the wassail to the figgy pudding;
* The Davis Boy Scouts for donating the use of beautiful Christmas trees for decor;
* Strelitzia Flower Company and Janice and Dean Labadie for their exquisite poinsettias;
* Susan Melcher for providing scene-setting illumination through candlelight;
·*Debbie Davis and Jeff Hudson of The Davis Enterprise for superb coverage of the choir, including our announcements;
* The Printer and Steve Galbreath of Davis, for their printing services;
* The Davis Youth Flute Choir for their pre-dinner performance;
* Kathy Peter of Davis High for stage support;
* Madrigal alumnus Tom Estes of Location Audio and Video Recording in Woodland for his extraordinary recording of this special event;
* Madrigal alumni parents Mike Choy and Dave Walters, Madrigal alums Alex May and Katie Bakker, along with Katy Zaragoza-Smith, for amplifying the choir’s sweet sounds with their technical prowess;
* The many Davis artisans and businesses who generously donated art pieces, products and services to our silent auction;
* Countless Madrigal alumni and alumni parents for their unending support of our choir — with special thanks to Dave and Lori Walters, Susanne Powell, Leslie Hunter, Meg Faye, Janine Mourguet, Rachelle Trerice, Terri Forrest, Lori Lagerstrom and Jeff Pelz;
* Adair McPherson for her extraordinary work with our junior high singers from Emerson, Harper and Holmes junior high schools, and;
* The Davis High School National Honor Society volunteers who served efficiently, responsibly and enthusiastically.
The choir truly appreciates our community for support and participation in the annual dinner, which we hope is considered one of the true traditions of the holiday season. As our talented students prepare for their historic education and outreach tour to Europe in June, they do so knowing that those opportunities are made possible by our community’s commitment to our students and the arts.
A resounding thank you and Huzzah! to all.
Karen Block and Nora Brazil
Madrigal Dinner co-chairs 2012, Davis