The following is a copy of a letter to U.S. Sens. Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein:
This email is to persuade you to vote against the president’s proposal to bomb Syria for the use of chemical weapons against innocent people.
1. Is there concrete evidence that, in fact, the Syrian government committed this atrocity? How do we know that the Syrian rebels did not pull this off to make it look like the Syrian government was behind this action — to encourage support by the U.S?
2. Is bombing Syria an emotional/political response that does not justify the potential escalation of war in the region?
3. By what authority does the U.S. have to punish those involved?
4. What international laws were violated when the U.S. invaded Iraq on false pretenses and then decimated its population with the use of depleted uranium projectiles? Who should punish the U.S. for the radioactive fallout that will be blowing around Iraq, creating massive birth defects, for billions of years? See radioactive half-life of depleted uranium projectiles.
5. The credibility of the U.S. was lost long ago when the world was told that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction as a justification to invade and destroy a nation that had nothing to do with 9/11.
6. Finally, given the potential for loss of life, and the escalation of war in the region, it seems only prudent to fallow the Powell Doctrine with all eight questions answered with a yes.
I hope that you and your colleagues give these points serious consideration. The future of American prosperity is in your vote.
P.S.: I do not accept that you have special knowledge on this subject that would allow you to vote against your constituency. It is the job of the government to keep the constituency informed with the truth. We cannot be informed voters, nor can we have a republic, if our government keeps foreign relations secrets.