Prop. 218 process criticized

By From page A8 | February 12, 2013

I have two major questions regarding the Proposition 218 process:

The first is, why is it not a conflict of interest for a city that is asking us for money to be allowed to do the tallying of the opposition votes?

My next question is, if I were to turn in an opposition vote, how would I know that it will be counted?

Overall, I would like to ask the city why this rate increase notice is so obscure and onerous to oppose. When the notice arrived in the mail, it was not clear to me that it was, in fact, the Proposition 218 notice. The number 218 does not appear anywhere in the pamphlet! My first impulse was to recycle it — which, of course, would mean that it would be an automatic “yes” vote.

Elisabeth Bogren

Letters to the Editor

• Recent Posts

• Enter your email address to subscribe to this newspaper and receive notifications of new articles by email.

• Special Publications »

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2015 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.