Frerichs is a thoughtful leader

I am impressed with candidate Lucas Frerichs, who chairs the Planning Commission. Over the last four months of 2011, 30-plus community members and I spoke before the commission in an effort to protect our city’s telecommunications ordinance. Throughout the three meetings when the issue was deliberated, it was clear he had done his homework. He […]

June 03, 2012 | Posted in Letters | Tagged ,

The Dan Wolk I know

I have been a resident of Davis since birth. For the record, I currently volunteer as campaign manager for Dan Wolk. I met Dan nearly 20 years ago while we were students at Emerson, but it was at Davis High School that I really got to know him. While his long list of service endeavors […]

An educated, independent voice

I will be voting for Sue Greenwald as the single best candidate for City Council. Sue brings a level of dedication to her work and to the Davis community as a council member that is unsurpassed by any other elected official I have ever observed. For 12 years, Sue has played a major role in […]

Skillful leadership with Frerichs

Lucas Frerichs has earned our vote for City Council. For more than a decade, Lucas has served the community of Davis by volunteering on the boards of local nonprofits, community organizations and city commissions. Of the more than six local boards on which Lucas has served, I have worked with him on the boards of […]

Clear choice for Yolo court

We strongly urge your support to retain Judge Daniel P. Maguire to the Yolo Superior Court. The residents of Yolo County desperately need to retain this experienced judge in our court. Judge Maguire has an excellent legal and litigation background both as a private practitioner for several decades before taking the bench and as a […]

No friend of senior citizens

Sue Greenwald is no friend of senior citizens. She has attempted to block many efforts to pursue better housing options for seniors. As one example, Greenwald tried to block 15 very low-income seniors each from getting their rents reduced by $303 a month at Eleanor Roosevelt Circle. To seniors earning $8,000 to $15,000 a year, […]

She stood up for South Davis

Sue Greenwald deserves another term on the City Council. She has a proven record of being independent and dedicated to our city. Last year, many citizens of South Davis voiced concern about a high-density housing complex to be built at the corner of Drummond and Chiles. Since the project’s inception, Greenwald was the only council […]

Brett Lee seeks solutions

Let me see? Why do I support Brett Lee for City Council? First, it is because he has ideas on how to solve to our serious budget crisis. Second, because he will work for a plan to bring us quality and affordable water. Brett does not accept contributions from special interests or developers. Not because […]

Sue works to protect downtown

Recently our downtown has felt a swath of store closings, including some of its largest and most established retailers. The hat trick of recession, increased Internet commerce and competition from Target has been too much for several shops, and these factors are not lessening. Anyone who misses those stores, fears the next closings or is […]

My friend Lucas Frerichs

As a life-long Davisite, I love the city of Davis — our community, my extended family. I am voting for Lucas Frerichs because we share the same values and commitment to keep Davis uniquely lovable and financially stable. We’ve known each other since he graduated from Davis High School and started working at the Davis Food […]

Frerichs does his homework

It is our pleasure to strongly encourage you to vote for Lucas Frerichs for Davis City Council. No matter what stance he takes for the betterment of Davis, Lucas has done his research and provides clear and concise information for decision-making. Make your vote count for this very talented and vested citizen who will represent […]

Yes on Prop. 29, Measure D

The expensive and shiny certificates we receive in the mail every day against Prop. 29 urge us to read the “fine print.” The fine print in the very bottom sentence of the flier, after all the endorsements, reveals “Major funding by Philip Morris USA and R.J.Reynolds Tobacco Company.” These are the tobacco companies whose $120 […]

Lots of reasons to support Sue

We are voting for Sue Greenwald. Why? She has consistently worked to create a vibrant, diverse downtown appealing to both Davisites and visitors. She has consistently supported good infill development rather than expensive fringe sprawl, and plans for Hunt-Wesson that would provide significant mixed-use opportunities for economic development and job creation. She took the time […]

Next generation of leaders

I strongly support Lucas Frerichs for City Council. He is a bright, hard-working and good-natured person who has been involved in many city and other community organizations, committees and commissions for more than a decade. He works well with others, and looks for common ground and good solutions. With his professional experience in policy-making and […]