Keep Greenwald on the council

As a City Council member and Davis mayor, Sue Greenwald has worked tirelessly to represent the interests of Davis citizens. She has shown that she is an advocate for neighborhood preservation, open space, agricultural land and habitat protection, and slow growth. Greenwald has worked diligently to promote a vibrant downtown and support our local businesses. […]

May 18, 2012 | Posted in Letters | Tagged ,

I’m choosing council newcomers

I’m voting for the newcomers in this election — Lucas Frerichs, Brett Lee and Dan Wolk. They bring common sense, fresh energy and enthusiasm. They provide a next-generation approach that Davis needs to attract the next generation of people and businesses to settle and invest here. Frerichs, Lee and Wolk will restore Davis’ cutting edge […]

May 11, 2012 | Posted in Letters | Tagged ,

Keep yearbook class at DHS

Due to the recent budget cuts, several classes have been faced with elimination, such as Chinese 1, German 1 and yearbook. I am here to speak on yearbook’s behalf because I see its value that goes beyond printing and publishing. Currently, I am a yearbook student at Emerson and Da Vinci Junior High and am […]

Study-abroad policy needs work

The Davis Board of Education and professional educators believe studying for a semester in a foreign country does not meet the school district’s quality requirements. The district’s brand-new effective-immediately “non-DJUSD course policy” limits the number of non-Davis High School units to 10 on a DHS transcipt. When rolled out in December, the policy was presented […]

Return to the table with respect

Our kids cannot afford to lose vice principals and counselors. As first responders to students in crisis, these staff are as essential to education as all other district employees. It’s also easy to use the word “administrator” as a lightning rod. The truth is, we cannot have a thriving school district without organization and oversight. […]

Women, take care of your health

Here at Curves, our mission is to help women be healthy. We would like all women of Davis to know National Women’s Health Week is May 13-19 and Monday is the 10th annual National Women’s Checkup Day. This is a nationwide effort coordinated by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ Office on Women’s […]

Enjoy an S.F. concert excursion

People who like classical music, eating in San Francisco restaurants or shopping in Union Square may not be aware of a convenient and easy way to enjoy these delights. Four Thursdays a year a chartered bus leaves the corner of Elmwood Drive and West Eighth Street in Davis at 9 a.m. and takes passengers to […]

Attack ads are not Davis’ style

Disgusted. That sense of revulsion you felt when you opened your mailbox Tuesday and saw an attack mailer against Davis City Councilwoman Sue Greenwald? We all felt it. FIRST, WE COULDN’T believe what we were seeing. Then, as we read it, our anger grew. Who would be so stupid as to try to manipulate Davis […]

May 10, 2012 | Posted in Our View | Tagged ,

No place for this in Davis

I read with dismay the campaign flier that used an incident involving me to attack Sue Greenwald. I was not consulted in any way before this was circulated, and I strongly feel this type of stunt should have no place in Davis politics. Ruth Asmundson Davis

May 10, 2012 | Posted in Letters | Tagged ,

He wields his authority wisely

I urge everyone to join me in voting to keep Judge Dan Maguire on the Yolo County Superior Court. I first met Dan and his family eight years ago, when our daughters attended DPNS together. He is smart, level-headed, hard-working, respectful of everyone and a person of great integrity. He is one of the least […]

May 13, 2012 | Posted in Letters | Tagged ,

Many reasons to support Lee

Several years ago, I was the treasurer for the campaign to elect Lamar Heystek to the Davis City Council. Working with a group on a political campaign is a fascinating and heady experience, and one aspect of it is that you really get to know the other campaign members. During those weeks of work and […]

These three are right for this time

I agree with The Enterprise’s endorsement of Dan Wolk, Sue Greenwald and Brett Lee for City Council. All of the candidates in the race have good qualities and a lot to offer the city, but I believe the selected three are the best for this time period. Greenwald has fought to restrain city spending so […]