Davis Downtown is unleashing 31 straight days of creativity during the business association’s first-ever monthlong Artober.
The Pence Gallery is showcasing an open artist studio setting all month long, the Mondavi Center at UC Davis will dedicate every performance in October to Artober and various stores downtown will feature art or other artistic performances.
This week’s activities include:
* Tuesday, 6-7:30 p.m.: Singer-songwriter David Hafter in concert on the E Street Plaza, playing folk and rock from the 1960s to today.
* Wednesday, 11:15 a.m.-noon: Transmedia art tour of downtown Davis, starts at John Natsoulas Gallery, 521 First St.; 530-756-3938.
* Wednesday, 4:30-8:30 p.m.: Lisa Phenix Band playing folk/Americana music at Picnic in the Park, Fourth and C streets; 530-756-1695.
* Wednesday, 8 p.m.: Stanley Clarke Trio at Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts; 530-754-2787, www.mondaviarts.org
* Thursday, 12:05 p.m.: Free Shinkoskey noon concert featuring Eva Legene, recorder, and Wieland Kuijken, gamba, the Yocha Dehe Grand Lobby of the Mondavi Center.
* Friday: Second Friday ArtAbout, a monthly evening of art viewing and artists’ receptions at galleries and businesses in Davis. Coordinated by the Davis Downtown, all events are free and open to the public. Many include complimentary refreshments and opportunities to converse with featured artists.
* Friday, 7:30-8:30 p.m.: “Distilled Spirits” with author Don Lattin at The Avid Reader, 617 Second St.; 530-758-4040.
* Friday, 8 p.m.: Akram Khan Company presenting “Vertical Road” dance performance, Mondavi Center.
* Saturday. 4-5 p.m.: “Kissed by a Fox” with author Priscilla Stuckey at The Avid Reader, 617 Second St.; 530-758-4040.
* Saturday, 7:30-8:30 p.m.: “Blogging to Drive Business” with author Eric Butow at The Avid Reader, 617 Second St; 530-758-4040.
* Saturday, 7:30 p.m.: “An Evening at the Vets” concert series featuring Crow Canyon, energetic young rockers, at the Veterans’ Memorial Theater, 203 E. 14th St.; 530-757-2626; www.crowcanyonband.com.
* Saturday, 9 p.m.: Sea of Bees featuring Jake Mann & The Upper Hand, Matt Bauer, for ages 21 and older at Sophia’s Thai Kitchen, 129 E St., Suite #; 530-758-4333.
* Sunday, Oct. 14, 1-2:30 p.m.: Craft a ceramic tea cup or mini teapot at the Davis Art Center, 1919 F St. Free; $5-$10 suggested for materials.