The historic Gibson House and Yolo County Historical Museum will be open for tours from 1 to 4 p.m. on the Fourth of July.
Located at 512 Gibson Road in Woodland, the Gibson House — built in 1857 by William and Mary Gibson — underwent many changes by the Gibson family over the its first 85 years. On display are photos of the house and out-buildings before they were restored by volunteers and Yolo County.
The museum’s main display this season is the history of women’s organizations that have been part of Yolo County for 100 years or more. Also open for viewing will be the barns, blacksmith shop, dairy and wash house.
Families are invited to picnic on the 2.5-acre museum grounds, but no fireworks are allowed.