The Kiwanis Club of Davis is presenting the 2013 Kiwanis Benefit Golf Tournament on Saturday, Aug. 3, at the Davis Golf Course. The proceeds will continue to allow the club to make substantial donations to several community organizations that primarily benefit children and seniors. Some examples include:
* Davis Community Meals, which provides low-income and homeless individuals and families with housing, food, and human services.
* Meals on Wheels/Elderly Nutrition Program, which delivers meals to seniors who have little or no ability to fend for themselves.
* Yolo County Foster, Adoption and Kinship Care, which serves foster parents, kinship/relative care providers, and individuals interested in becoming foster parents or adopting a child.
* Kiwanis Family House, which provides temporary housing and support to families of seriously ill or injured children being treated at the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento.
* The Short Term Emergency Aid Committee (STEAC), which provides immediate help to vulnerable families and individuals in need of temporary assistance.
Businesses, groups or individuals interested in participating should contact Jerry Hallee at 530-756-4884 or Adrian Bowen at 530-753-8866. Sponsors and donors will be recognized on the day of the tournament and in the Davis Enterprise following the tournament.