There are only five weeks left for city of Davis summer camps. City leaders offer five reasons why summer camp in beneficial for kids:
* They grow more independent — camp is the perfect place for kids to practice making decisions for themselves without teachers and parents guiding every move;
* They have free time for unstructured play — life at camp gives children the much-needed free time to just play;
* They learn social skills — coming to camp means joining a close-knit community where everyone must agree to cooperate and respect each other;
* They reconnect with nature — outdoor experience enriches kids’ perception of the world and supports healthy child development; and
* They make true friends — camp is the place where kids can make their very best friends, singing, laughing, playing and doing almost everything together.
This week, July 22-26, has an animal theme at Kinder Camp and July 29-Aug. 2 will have a special guest instructor working with oil pastels at Arts and Crafts Camp. Much more is planned for August.
For more information, visit www.cityofdavis.org and search “summer camps” or call 530-757-5626.