Small grass fire extinguished in Dunnigan

By From page A2 | July 13, 2014

A small grass fire near the county’s northern border off Interstate¬†5 burned approximately 13 acres Friday afternoon, damaging one outbuilding but no homes in the immediate area, the Dunnigan Fire Protection District reported. It was contained about two hours after being reported.

The grass fire was caused by a blown electrical transformer, which sprayed the dry grass with sparks. Five engines and three water tenders fought the fire along Little Buckeye Creek, with aid from Arbuckle City College, Zamora, Williams, Yocha Dehe and the community of Yolo.

Elizabeth Case

  • Recent Posts

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this newspaper and receive notifications of new articles by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2016 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.