The Davis Food Co-op invites the community to stop by the store, 620 G St. in downtown Davis, for some fun this July and August. A regular slate of free, fun activities includes:
* Monday Movies at the Co-op: All are welcome at 6:30 p.m. for free food and movies in the conference room.
* The World’s Slowest Marathon: Meet in front of the store every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. for part of the world’s slowest marathon. The group will walk 2.6 miles each Tuesday and finish a marathon by the end of summer.
* Every Wednesday: “Chopped” at Home! Grab the store’s new “hot deals” flier each Wednesday. Include any four items from the front and cook a nice dish. Post a picture and description on the Co-op’s Facebook page by the following Tuesday and you’ll be entered in a contest to win a $25 gift card.
* Every Thursday: Stop by the store to see the fun melon art carving for the week, to collect inspiration and practice for the carving contest at the end of August. Visit the Davis Food Co-op’s Pinterest Fun Food Art board for more ideas.
* Anytime you want: For every hands-on adult cooking class you attend in July and August, get a $5 gift card back.
For more information, contact Julie Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-758-2667.