Village Pizza & Grill has reopened after more than a month’s closure following a kitchen fire June 11. The restaurant, at 403 G St. in downtown Davis, suffered smoke damage as a result of a fire in the subfloor underneath a cooking appliance.
The restaurant was evacuated that day and has been closed since. No one was injured, but the owner of the restaurant, Aziz Fattahi, and a private contractor performing work there suffered smoke inhalation.
The restaurant reopened Saturday; regular hours are 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.