The city of Davis Community Services Department is accepting registration for the following adult dance and fitness classes, which require pre-registration:
* East Coast Swing: Join this basic class and learn to swing to big band, rock and roll and blues music. No partner is necessary. The class meets from 8 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays, March 13-May 11, at Barbara’s Dancing Tonight Studio, 1921 Sycamore Lane. The fee is $40.
* Zumba: This high-energy class is a fusion of Latin and international music and dance themes that is specially designed for those who are a little older, but still like to boogie. The routines feature aerobic/fitness training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body.
Zumba uses the principles of fitness interval training and resistance training to maximize caloric output, fat burning and total body toning. It is a mixture of body-sculpting movements with easy-to-follow dance steps designed for both men and women.
The class meets from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, March 10-April 7, at Barbara’s Dancing Tonight Studio, 1921 Sycamore Lane. The fee is $38.
* PM Aerobics: This evening class includes stretching, warm-ups, aerobic cross training, interval and weight training and low-impact aerobics. The instructor is local favorite Ann Smalley. This is an ongoing, regular class offering that meets from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, April 12-May 26, at the Veterans’ Memorial Center, 203 E. 14th St. The fee is $105.
* AM Aerobics: This is a high-energy, low-impact exercise class, which includes cardiovascular aerobics and/or step, weight training and stretching to promote health and wellness. The class meets from 9 to 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, April 11-May 27, at the Vets’ Center. The fee is $114.
*AM Yoga: This class is suitable for all abilities and age levels and combines the best of the traditional yoga styles. It is easy to follow and will focus on developing the breathing techniques necessary for the different phases of class.
Meeting times are 10 to 11 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, April 11-May 27, at the Vets’ Center. The fee is $36 to $42.
* Sunrise Step, Tone and Stretch: This early morning class begins with a warm-up, stretches, 30 minutes of aerobic cardiovascular cross training, cool-down and relaxation. It meets from 6 to 7 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, April 11-May 27, at the Vets’ Center. The fee is $105.
* Fitness flex pass: Purchasers may pick and choose which fitness classes and dates work best with their schedule, try a new class or continue with their favorites. Each flex pass entitles purchasers to 10 classes for $70 or 20 classes for $140. It may be used at Boot Camp; AM Aerobics; PM Aerobics; Sunrise Step, Tone & Stretch; AM Yoga; and Yoga Meditation.
Registration is accepted at the city of Davis Community Services Department at City Hall, 23 Russell Blvd., or online at http://www.cityofdavis.org. For more information, call (530) 757-5626.