Get out your cameras, Davis.
The city has launched a photo contest open to folks of all ages and abilities. Participants are asked to capture the best images of Davis in five different categories: people portraits; environment; community life; architecture; and black-and-white.
Entries will be judged in three separate age groups: ages 6-11; 12-17; and 18 and up. Winners will be selected based on overall quality and creativity, as well as how well the photograph portrays the city of Davis. Photos must be taken in and around Davis.
Submissions will be accepted through Sept. 30 with winners announced in early November.
To participate, visit http://contests.cityofdavis.org/the-best-of-davis-photo-contest-submission-form and complete the submission forms. Entry forms and photos must be uploaded no later than Sept. 30 and the city will not accept hard copies of photographs or emailed photos.
Contestants may enter up to three photographs total in any of the following categories:
* People portraits: Residents of Davis participating in city events, activities or classes;
* Environment: Skylines, open spaces, parks, wildlife;
* Community Life: Education, volunteering, street/night life, celebrations, art and cultural scenes;
* Architecture: Urban design, cityscapes, landmarks and infrastructure; and
* Black-and-white: Any subject as long as the photo is taken in or around Davis.
For more information, call Christine Foster at 530-747-5857.