The city of Davis is accepting applications from local residents age 18 and older who are interested in serving on an advisory commission. For applications, stop by the city clerk’s office at City Hall, 23 Russell Blvd.; call 530-757-5648; or visit http://city-managers- office.cityofdavis.org/city-clerk/apply-to-serve-on-a-city-commission.
Applications and accompanying documents are considered public information and may be disclosed to the public under the California Public Records Act. The deadline for submission is Friday, Nov. 15, and the council expects to make appointments in December or January.
In addition to the application form, commission applicants will participate in a five-minute private interview with a City Council subcommittee and city staff.
* Bicycle Advisory Commission: Develops options to achieve the goals of the city’s Comprehensive Bicycle Plan. Makes recommendations on bicycle safety, enforcement and engineering. Meets at 5:30 p.m. on the first Monday at City Hall.
* Finance and Budget Commission: Analyzes technical, financial and budgeting issues requested by City Council; fosters public understanding of local government finance. Meets at 7 p.m. on the second Monday at City Hall.
* Human Relations Commission: Promotes mutual respect, understanding and tolerance among all people; advocates educational and appropriate activities to discourage/prevent discrimination and prejudice and promote diversity, equality and justice. Meets at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Thursday at City Hall.
* Natural Resources Commission: Promotes the preservation, management and enhancement of the city’s natural resources; recommends policies and guidelines regarding air quality in the Yolo-Solano-Sacramento region, water conservation, waste management and recycling. Meets at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Monday at City Hall.
* Open Space and Habitat Commission: Advises on matters relating to open space issues, programs, projects and habitats; fosters dialogue with the community for open space projects and issues. Meets at 6:30 p.m. on the first Monday at City Hall.
* Recreation and Park Commission: Advises on matters pertaining to public recreation and park planning; reviews annual budgets for park and recreation programs. Meets at 7 p.m. on the third Thursday at the Davis Senior Center, 646 A St.
* Senior Citizens Commission: Advises on matters relating to policies and programs that serve senior citizens; identifies needs of the aging in the community; explores improved and new services in private and public sectors. Meets at 2:30 p.m. on the second Thursday at the Davis Senior Center.