The two candidates for Yolo County superintendent of schools have both raised substantial amounts for their respective campaigns, according to documents filed recently with the Yolo County Elections Office.
Candidate Jesse Ortiz has raised $69,080 (including $67,080 in cash contributions, and another $2,000 in nonmonetary contributions), while candidate Sam Neustadt has raised $25,399 in cash contributions.
Much of the money raised by the Ortiz campaign came in the form of six donations ranging between $5,000 and $20,000, plus a $10,025 loan by the candidate to his campaign. The Neustadt campaign recorded one $7,500 contribution; other donations ranged from $2,000 to $100, or less.
Donors (and amounts) to the Ortiz campaign include:
* $20,000 from the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, which operates the Cache Creek casino;
* $7,500 from the California Teachers Association;
* Five donations of $5,000 each from Sacramento-based real estate developer Angelo Tsakopoulos; SG Consulting Group, a Sacramento real estate investment firm; Kyriakos Tsakopoulos Investments of Sacramento; Vera Guerin Separate Property Trust of Beverly Hills; and JG Silver Oak, LLC, Sacramento domestic liability company;
* $500 from Fred Montoya of Morgan Hill, an administrator with General Motors;
* $250 from Derrick Wydick of Davis;
* $200 from Juana Ruiz of Sacramento, a professor at Woodland Community College; and
* $100 donations from Talwinder Chetra of Live Oak, a professor at Woodland Community College; Monica Chahal of Yuba City, dean of Woodland Community College; Chris Meyers of Plumas Lake; a professor at Yuba College; the Yuba College Faculty Association; Judy Wydick of Davis; Steve Sabbadini, a Woodland attorney; Davis City Councilman Lucas Frerichs; Bill Owens of Davis, an attorney and president of the Yolo County Board of Education; and Charlene Lucero, a retiree from Davis.
The Neustadt campaign reported contributions of:
* $7,500 from California Charter Schools Association Advocates;
* $2,000 from Jan Tomsky of Novato, an attorney with Fagan Friedman & Fulfrost;
* $1,100 from Camille Giometti-May of Woodland, assistant superintendent with Yolo County Office of Education;
* $1,000 from Kathleen Dennis of Mi-Wuk, a nurse with Sutter Health;
* $500 each from Autism & Behavior Training Associates of Woodland; Douglas Michael Busch, a retiree from Davis; Elizabeth Estes of Kentfield, an attorney with Dannis, Wolliver & Kelly; Tamre Burns of Davis, CFO of Northern California Prep School; and Howard Fulfrost of Los Angeles, an attorney and partner in Fagan Friedman and Fulfrost;
* $350 from Gay Bourguignon of Davis, a school psychologist;
* $300 each from June Plocher of Woodland, director of special education for the Yolo County Office of Education; Yvonne Lemaitre of Woodland, a farmer; and Christopher Drouin of Sacramento, a consultant with the California Department of Education;
* $250 donations from Robert Lea of Woodland, a farmer; Mark Mezger of Woodland, owner of a trucking firm; Dee Alarcon, of Vacaville, retired; Judy Holsinger of Citrus Heights, assistant superintendent with Sacramento County Office of Education; Linda Legnitto of Woodland, retired assistant superintendent with Yolo County Office of Education; Nancy Lea of Woodland, a member of the Yolo County Board of Education; Ken Ferro Consulting LLC of Richmond; and Robert Krantz, a CPA with a San Francisco accountancy corporation;
* $200 donations from Charles Dudley of Dunnigan, a farmer; Delaine Eastin of Davis, former state superintendent of public instruction; Chamberlain Farms of Woodland; Susan Lovenburg of Davis, director of California Forward and a member of the Davis Board of Education; Dorothy Rothenbaum of Fairfield, a program specialist with Solano County Special Education Local Plan Area; Surgit Dhillon of West Sacramento, a scientist with Cal EPA; Susan Hulsizer of Davis, a scientist at UC Davis; Marty West of Davis, a retired law professor at UCD and a former Davis school board trustee; Lisette Estrella Henderson of Woodland, associate superintendent of Solano County Office of Education; Anita Ruesterholtz of Temecula, director of East Valley Special Education Local Plan Area; and Steve Mertens of Sebastopol, a doctor of pathology services;
* $150 donations from Donna Demartini of Gold River, a consultant with California Department of Education; Jim Coulter of Davis, a retired administrator with the Yolo County Office of Education; and Frost, Davis & Donnelly, a Sacramento lobbying firm; and
* $100 donations from Louis Vismara of Sacramento, a consultant with California State Senate; Margaret Johns of Davis, a law professor at UCD; Kristin Wright of Sacramento, a consultant with California Department of Education; Alan Fernandes of Davis, chief legislative advocate for Los Angeles County and a Davis school board member; Maureen Burness of Sacramento, retired; Tom Adams of Davis, a curriculum administrator with California Department of Education; Barbara Archer of Davis, public relations manager with Farm Fresh to You; Kathleen Salling of Woodland, a Realtor; Mary Cote of West Sacramento, administrative law judge with California State Personnel Board; Robert Philipps of Vacaville, retired; Joseph Thompson of Davis, former member of the Yolo County Board of Education; Kathleen Skeels of Galt, assistant superintendent with San Joaquin County Office of Education; Jovan Jacobs of Long Beach, director of Special Education Local Plan Area in Compton; Alice Parker of Fair Oaks, retired; Pamela Scheeline of Winters, school principal; Mohini Jain of El Macero, retired teacher; Kathlee Keeshen of Davis, attorney with California Health Benefit Exchange; Kevin Smith of Davis, self-employed through MDS Development; Jeffrey Roy of Davis, construction; John Lalonde of Pacific Grove, retired; Virginia Plocher of Woodland, retired; Margaret Furman of San Rafael, director of United Cerebral Palsy of the North Bay; and Frank Sieferman of Zamora, retired.