Breaking News

Davis police investigating ‘suspicious’ death

By From page A2 | April 26, 2012

Davis police are calling “suspicious” the death of a 26-year-old man found underneath the Pole Line Road overpass Tuesday night.

Thomas Anthony Conrad, 26, of Sacramento, was found unresponsive on the west end of the Sudwerk parking lot on Second Street at about 10:15 p.m., Lt. Tom Waltz said Wednesday.

“The victim had some visible injuries, but we’re still investigating the cause of death,” Waltz said. He declined to elaborate on the nature of the injuries. “The circumstances surrounding the way he was found are suspicious.”

Conrad was taken by ambulance to Sutter Davis Hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly before 11 p.m. An autopsy was conducted Wednesday, but the cause of death is listed as “pending” until further testing is done, said Yolo County Chief Deputy Coroner Robert LaBrash.

It was unclear whether Conrad had been in Sudwerk earlier Tuesday night, Waltz said.

Anyone with information that could aid the investigation is asked to call the Davis Police Department at (530) 747-5400.

— Reach Lauren Keene at [email protected] or (530) 747-8048. Follow her on Twitter @laurenkeene

Lauren Keene

  • Recent Posts

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this newspaper and receive notifications of new articles by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2015 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.