Crime, Fire + Courts

Homes damaged by fire, water

By From page A2 | August 03, 2014

Both flooding and fire sent local fire crews to area residences Saturday.

Davis fire Capt. Richard Moore said firefighters were dispatched at about 10:30 a.m. to a condominium complex in the 1800 block of Moore Boulevard in the Wildhorse neighborhood, where water from a malfunctioning water heater had leaked through a third-story floor into the two units below it. Residents of the third-floor unit apparently were away at the time.

Damage to the units was extensive, but total losses are still being calculated, Moore said.

Later that day, crews responded to a small fire at a home in the 2000 block of Elendil Lane in Village Homes after a light fixture in a small bathroom off the garage caught fire and caused $2,000 to $3,000 in smoke and fire damage.

Residents were alerted by a smoke detector, Moore noted.

Lauren Keene

  • Recent Posts

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this newspaper and receive notifications of new articles by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2015 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.