Crime, Fire + Courts

On top of things

By From page A3 | June 17, 2014

davis firemen on roofW

Courtesy photo

An electrical malfunction was the apparent cause of an attic fire that caused $50,000 in damage and displaced a family from their home in the 5200 block of Glide Drive on Monday morning, said Bruce Fry, division chief for the Davis Fire Department. Fry said the 7:25 a.m. incident was the third in recent weeks in which the American Red Cross assisted displaced families with shelter and other services until they could return to their homes. The other incidents occurred on Arthur and Fifth streets, according to Fry. Courtesy photo

Lauren Keene

  • Recent Posts

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this newspaper and receive notifications of new articles by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2016 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.