YOLO COUNTY NEWS

Crime, Fire + Courts

Woman, 92, burned while cooking

By From page A4 | February 08, 2013

A 92-year-old woman was hospitalized Wednesday after her clothing caught fire while she was cooking, according to the Davis Fire Department.

Spokeswoman Evelyn George said firefighters received a call for medical aid at about 4:50 p.m. from a residence in the 600 block of Cantrill Drive, where a caregiver for the woman’s neighbor had put out the stovetop fire with water.

Although there was no active fire on the elderly woman when the caregiver arrived, emergency personnel discovered she had suffered wounds to about 20 percent of her body, mainly the torso area, George said. She was transported to the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento for treatment.

Lauren Keene

  • Recent Posts

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this newspaper and receive notifications of new articles by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2015 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.