The Davis Southern Pacific Depot building will be closed from Friday, Aug. 24, through Monday, Aug. 27, while the city tents and treats a termite infestation that city facilities staff discovered earlier this year during a routine building inspection.
Passengers will still be able to access the platform and the trains, which will run on their normal schedules.
There will be no access to the building, however, including the waiting area, lobby and restrooms. Ticketing services, including Quik-Trak ticketing kiosks, will also not be available inside the station.
“The city, after consultation with Amtrak, chose August to perform the work because it is typically the slowest time at the station because the UC Davis students have not returned to town yet,” said Anne Brunette, city property management coordinator, in an email. “The work was also scheduled for a weekend but may cause some minor inconveniences on Friday and Monday for staging activities.”
To purchase tickets, travelers should refer to the following options:
* eTicketing: Passengers may present their eTickets to the conductor.
* Credit card payments: Conductors will be available outside the station to accept credit card payments for one-way and round-trip tickets (only).
* Cash payments will not be accepted outside the station.
* Cash payments for one-way and round-trip tickets (only) will be accepted on board the train.
* Monthly and 10-ride tickets: Passengers may purchase monthly and 10-ride tickets at the Davis station before or after the building closure, at any staffed Amtrak station or at stations with Quik-Trak ticketing kiosks.
Amtrak employees also will be available outside the station to assist passengers boarding and arriving at Davis.
Passengers will not be able to check bags from Aug. 24 through Aug. 27 either. They may carry up to two pieces of baggage onto the train, however. Those who require checked baggage can purchase tickets and travel to or from the Sacramento station, located approximately 14 miles east of Davis.
Reservation and train status information is available on Amtrak.com, the Amtrak iPhone app or at 1 (800) 872-7245.
— Reach Tom Sakash at email@example.com or (530) 747-8057. Follow him on Twitter @TomSakash