Flowers for every occasion will be the theme for the program year of the Davis Flower Arrangers, which gets underway Wednesday with a demonstration of arrangements for fall decor.
Programs take place in the Community Room at International House, 10 College Park, and begin at 7 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month. Each will feature a presentation and a hands-on workshop. The schedule includes:
* Sept. 4: Renee Reibel, an independent designer, will demonstrate flower arrangements for fall decoration;
* Oct. 2: Courtney Kett of Dixon Florist will demonstrate arrangements peppered with family anecdotes;
* Nov. 6: Yvonne Turner of Auburn will give a presentation on “Joyful Heart: The Joys of Flower Arranging”;
* Dec. 4: Greens and flowers will be provided for this workshop at which each participant will take home something for the holidays;
* Jan. 8: Mary Arekellian and Lili Aram-Bost will present “Fabric in Design”;
* Feb. 5: Don Shor of Redwood Barn Nursery will talk about cluster roses, how to grow them and use them in homes and yards;
* March 5: Merlyn Lenear of Stockton will demonstrate how to make succulent arrangements; members will make their own to take home in an abalone shell;
* April 2: Patti Green from Beyond the Garden Gate will demonstration how to make a spring wreath; and
* May 7: Duets, a pairing of beginners and experienced arrangers, will compete to see what can be made from similar materials in identical vases.
Memberships cost $40 a year and are available through the club treasurer, Barbara Miyano, 633 Buchanan, Davis CA 95616 or at the first meeting. For more information, call co-presidents Janet Collins at 530-756-3127 or Linda Wilson at 530-402-3865.