Davis Roots is hosting a series of talks led by guest speakers titled “Where Are They Now?” At each talk, a Davis- or Sacramento-based entrepreneur will detail his own journey to success and give tips to entrepreneurs both hopeful and established on how they can take their companies to the next level.
Each talk will run from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Davis Roots’ office in the Hunt-Boyer Mansion at Second and E streets in downtown Davis. Refreshments will be provided.
The schedule includes:
* Jan. 10: Chris Soderquist is the president and CEO of Octus Energy. He has more than 20 years of experience founding, managing, advising, capitalizing and selling companies in the clean-tech, high-tech, professional services and private equity industries.
* Jan. 20: Pam Marrone is the founder and CEO of Marrone Bio Innovations. Prior to establishing MBI, Marrone founded AgraQuest (1995-2006) where she served as its CEO, chairman and president. Before AgraQuest, she was founding president of Entotech Inc. (1990-1995), a biopesticide subsidiary of Novo Nordisk. Most recently, she was named 2013′s Executive of the Year by the Sacramento Business Journal.
* Feb. 7: Ken Ouimet is the co-founder and chief executive officer of ShoppingScout, a grocery price comparison web and mobile app. His previous company, Khimetrics, was awarded numerous U.S. patents relating to promotions, pricing and the optimization of enterprise planning models. Ouimet and his brother are credited with launching the retail price optimization industry.
* March 14: Mark Otero founded KlickNation. After acquisition by EA in 2011, KlickNation was renamed BioWare Sacramento and later, Capital Games. Otero is a member of the Next Economy Leadership Group in Sacramento.
* April 4: Eric Ullrich is the co-founder of Hacker Lab, which organizes hackathons in the Sacramento area and provides co-working space for entrepreneurs to work in. He is also a director at SARTA VentureStart.