The deadline to file for an exemption from the Davis special library parcel tax is June 3. Exemptions to the special tax are granted for:
* Property zoned and used for agriculture and not containing a residence.
* Property that is not buildable or developable because of some reasonably permanent incapacity. This contemplates odd parcels or pieces which for historic or other reasons have not been merged into adjacent parcels, but which, because of size or other reasonably permanent disability, do not or cannot comprise a separate building site.
* Property owned and occupied by persons of low income, i.e., where total household income is less than double the annual poverty guideline for a family of four, as published by the Department of Health and Human Services, for the year in which the proof is submitted. For 2012, that amount is $46,100.
A separate exemption must be completed for each parcel on which an exemption is requested. The special library parcel tax is earmarked for the expansion of the current facilities and services of the Stephens Branch Library, 315 E. 14th St. The library parcel tax for fiscal year 2013-14 is $97.16 for a single-family residence and $48.58 per unit for a multi-family residence.
Exemption forms are available at:
* Stephens Branch Library, 315 E. 14th St., Davis;
* Davis Senior Center, 646 A St., Davis; and
* Yolo County Library Central Services, 226 Buckeye St., Woodland.
Questions should be directed to Angela Pagtalonia of SCI Consulting Group, the library’s consultant, at 707-430-4300.