Local residents can stay fit through classes offered this fall by the city of Davis. They include:
* PM Aerobics: This evening class includes stretching, warm-ups, aerobic cross training, interval and weight training and low-impact aerobics. Each class ends with a cool-down and relaxation. Ann Smalley is the instructor.
The course runs from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Oct. 23 to Nov. 15, and meets at the Veterans’ Memorial Center, 203 E. 14th St. in Davis. The cost is $46.
* AM Aerobics: This is a high-energy, low-impact exercise class, meeting at the Vets’ Center from 9 to 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from Oct. 22 to Dec. 7. No classes are scheduled on Nov. 12 or 23.
It includes cardiovascular aerobics, step, weight-training and stretching to promote health and wellness. Extra attention is focused on core strengthening through Pilates and yoga exercises. The cost is $114.
* Sunrise Step, Tone and Stretch: The class begins with a warm-up, stretches, 30 to 35 minutes of aerobic cardiovascular cross training, cool-down and relaxation.
It meets at the Vets’ Center from 6 to 7 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from Oct. 22 to Dec. 7. No classes are scheduled Nov. 12, 19, 21 or 23. The cost is $100.
* AM Yoga: This class is suitable for all abilities and age levels and combines the best of the traditional yoga styles. It is easy to follow and will focus on developing the breathing techniques necessary for the different phases of class.
It meets from 10 to 11 a.m. one day a week — Monday, Wednesday or Friday — from Oct. 22 to Dec. 7. No classes are scheduled on Nov. 12 or 23. The cost is $36 for the Monday or Friday sessions, $42 for Wednesdays.
* Body Blast: This high calorie-burning class alternates strength-training exercises with high-energy aerobic activities for two great workouts in one. Instructor Ali Loge will lead the group through various exercises (e.g., jump rope, resistance bands, free weights, step aerobics, core work and dance) to keep their heart rates up throughout the class.
It meets from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays from Oct. 29 and Dec. 5 at the Vets’ Memorial Center. The cost is $69.
Pre-registration is required, and is accepted at the Community Services Department, 600 A St., Suite C, or online at www.cityofdavis.org. For more information, call 530-757-5626.