Local News

Gas leaks sicken two in Davis

By From page A2 | November 14, 2012

Two people were hospitalized over the weekend due to apparent gas leaks, according to the Davis Fire Department.

A resident of the 1300 block of Duke Drive was taken to Sutter Davis Hospital shortly before 7 p.m. Friday after a malfunctioning heater caused the person to become ill from carbon monoxide, Fire Department spokeswoman Evelyn George said.

Crews shut off the heater and ventilated the home, while PG&E workers rendered the heater inoperable until it could be serviced.

On Monday, a gas odor sickened a resident of the 1800 block of Glenn Place at about 4 a.m. Monitors failed to detect the presence of gas or pinpoint the source of the odor, but the resident was taken to Sutter Davis Hospital, George said.

Lauren Keene

  • Recent Posts

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this newspaper and receive notifications of new articles by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2016 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.