The Kiwanis Club of Davis will present its annual benefit golf tournament on Saturday, Aug. 2, at the Davis Golf Course. Proceeds from the tournament will continue to allow the club to make substantial donations to community organizations that primarily benefit children and seniors.
* Davis Community Meals, which provides low-income and homeless individuals and families with housing, food and human services;
* Meals on Wheels/Elderly Nutrition Program, which delivers and provides congregate meals to seniors in need;
* Yolo County Foster, Adoption and Kinship Care, which serves foster parents, kinship/relative care providers and individuals who are interested in becoming foster parents or adopting a child;
* Kiwanis Family House, which provides temporary housing and support to families of seriously ill or injured children who are treated at the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento; and
* The Short-Term Emergency Aid Committee (STEAC), which provides immediate help to vulnerable families and individuals in need of temporary assistance.
The golf tournament helps Kiwanians raise funds to support these organizations and activities. Businesses, groups or individuals interested in participating should call Jerry Hallee at 530-756-4884 or Adrian Bowen at 530-753-8866.
Sponsors and donors will be recognized on the day of the tournament and in The Davis Enterprise following the tournament.