Local News

Minor gas leak on Central Davis street

By From page A3 | June 08, 2014

Davis firefighters attended to a gas leak Thursday when an underground natural gas line was punctured during construction.

Ryan Stiles, a Davis Fire Department division captain, said a service line to a residence was hit at 10:18 a.m. by a construction crew on the 1100 block of Ovejas Avenue. Stiles said a crew from PG&E was called out to repair the leak, and did so “very quickly.”

“Because it was just a service line, and because PG&E responded so quickly we did not have to shut down the block for repairs,” Stiles said.

Residents who are considering digging near utility lines are asked to call 811 first. For more information, visit www.call811.com.

Rachel Uda

  • Recent Posts

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this newspaper and receive notifications of new articles by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2016 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.