Calling all talented craftspeople, scientists and artists! Have you been looking for a way to share your special skill with the public? Then look no further; Explorit Science Center would like to invite you to consider sharing that talent to inspire future generations of scientists, musicians and artists.
We’d like to host public mini weekend workshops, lessons and demonstrations at our Fifth Street location in conjunction with our current exhibition called “Beautiful World: Science and Art.” Could you offer a one- to three-hour workshop, demonstration or lesson to 15 to 45 people? Can you volunteer a few hours of your weekend to share your passion and expertise?
Past workshops we’ve offered included wire ornament making, beading and painting, as well as scientific lectures, lessons and “how-to” workshops. The topic and design of the session are up to you!
Dates and times are flexible — any weekend day between 1 to 5 p.m. would be wonderful. We would advertise and promote the event and your workshop or demo would be a great opportunity to market yourself to a new audience while supporting science education and inspiring others.
If you’re interested in participating, we’d like to know:
* Title and description of your workshop;
* Space and audiovisual needs (tables, chairs, projector, clear floor space);
* Time and date;
* Any materials participants need and estimated cost;
* Would you like to repeat on multiple days?;
* Appropriate participant age and experience level (ages 4-plus, 8-plus, adults only, beginner, advanced, etc).
Explorit is a nonprofit, hands-on, science education center that has been providing science enrichment for more than 30 years. In addition to our center at 3141 Fifth St., we have traveling programs that go to schools all over Northern California and we are passionate about sharing STEAM with the community.
STEAM is Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math and we hope to foster awareness and stewardship in our community of the scientific and artistic wonders all around us. So come join our STEAM team and share your talent with the world!
If running a workshop isn’t your thing, don’t worry. There are still plenty of ways to give to Explorit. As the year ends, Explorit needs your generous support to help us continue to provide hands-on science experiences in our community.
Your tax-deductible gift of any amount helps ensure that Explorit will be around for a long time to come, inspiring many more generations of inquisitive scientists, artists and citizens. Thank you for considering all the ways you might help Explorit into 2014.
Explorit’s coming events:
* Dec. 20-23, 26-30 and Jan. 2-5: Explorit’s Beautiful World: Science and Art exhibition will be open for public hours daily from 1 to 5 p.m. Admission is $5 per person and children ages 2 and under are free.
* Winter Science Explorations for children in kindergarten through fifth grade run Dec. 23 through Jan. 3. Call 530-756-0191 to register.