Local residents are invited to learn about the magic of pinhole photography at a workshop this month at Art-is-Davis studios. Participants do not need any artistic or photographic experience. This is a fun, hands-on workshop series that is geared to all ages. Space is limited to eight participants.
The workshop will meet from 10 a.m. to noon on Sundays, Nov. 3, 10, 17 and 24, at Art-is-Davis, 222 D St., Suite 2. The cost is $120 and includes all materials, chemistry and matting supplies.
Each student will learn:
* How to build a pinhole camera and shoot a variety of images with it;
* How to use the minimal of materials and chemistry to maximize on the results;
* How to read light conditions to control of proper exposure;
* How to process a negative and convert it to a positive without the use of an enlarger; and
* How to mount your best work to have a matted, fine art photographs to go home with.
The group will take some straightforward images and play with experimentation like movement and double exposure.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org and send the fee to Seana Burke, Art-is-Davis, 222 D St., Suite 2, Davis, CA 95616.